Honda SP 125 BSVI launched
- Innovation by the World Leader: As many as 19 new patent applications
- Fusion of performance & efficiency: 125cc HET BSVI PGM-FI engine powered by eSP (Enhanced Smart Power)
- #AQuietRevolution: Patented ACG starter motor1st in segment ensures quick, silent, jolt-free start every time
- Full Digital meter1st in segment: Full digital meter displays real-time advanced informatics needed for daily life
- Mileage-up: SP 125 BSVI gives 16% more mileage with eco-friendly technology
- Redefined advanced styling : Aggressive fuel tank with edgy graphics, modern headlamp & bold rear
- Advanced comfort & convenience with futuristic LED DC headlamp1st in segment, Engine Start/Stop switch1st in segment, Integrated headlamp beam & passing switch1st in segment and 5 speed transmission among other features.
New value package for customers
- Special 6-year warranty package
- SP 125 BSVI is available in 2 variants – Drum & Disc
- Attractively priced starting at Rs. 72,900 (ex-showroom Delhi)
New Delhi, November 14, 2019: With the commitment towards a greener future and taking #AQuietRevolution forward, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. today launched the next generation 125cc motorcycle, the all new advanced & stylish SP 125 BSVI.
Launching the all new SP 125 BSVI – Honda’s first BSVI motorcycle, Mr. Minoru Kato, President, CEO & Managing Director, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “We are overwhelmed with the love India has given to country’s first BSVI 2Wheeler – Activa 125 BSVI. Our core belief is to create products for our customers that enhance the quality of their daily life and re-inforce trust and confidence in brand Honda. Taking forward this journey of #AQuietRevolution, today we are introducing yet another radical product. The SP 125 BSVI would raise the bar for technology, style & performance in the 125cc motorcycle segment’’.
Speaking on the launch of SP 125 BSVI, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “With Honda’s superior technology and many 1st in segment features – SP 125 BSVI provides the best riding performance with 16% more fuel efficiency. Be ready to experience the ‘Power of Silence’ with the all new sporty, spectacular & spontaneous – SP 125 BSVI.”
The all new SP 125 BSVI is designed and built for next era of transformation. It makes you stay ahead with first in class features also offering best value for money.
At the heart of SP 125 ticks Bharat Stage VI compliant Honda’s trusted 125cc PGM-FI HET (Honda Eco Technology) engine, boosted by Enhanced Smart Power (eSP).
All new SP 125 BSVI brings future technology to the present, bringing India at par with the global standards – the Sophisticated, Precise & Sensitive Enhanced Smart Power (eSP).
A performance accelerator to the HET engine, Honda Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) technology optimizes performance by reducing friction, enables silent start and provides a smooth eco-friendly ride.
Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) is an integration of the following:
- Unique Honda ACG Starter1st in segment sparks the #AQuietRevolution on Indian roads. It starts the engine jolt free via the same AC generator used to generate current and charge the battery while riding. This eliminates the need for a conventional starter motor, thus, there are no gear meshing noises.
Two new mechanical features lead to engine start without applying much force – the first being efficient utilisation of decompression with slightly opened exhaust valves (at the beginning of compression stroke) followed by the Swing Back feature which rotates the engine in a slightly opposite direction allowing the piston to take a ‘running start’, making it easier to start the engine with a small amount of power.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): The system uses 8 onboard sensors to constantly inject optimum fuel and air mixture which aids consistent power output, high fuel efficiency & less emissions.
- Friction Reduction: The piston cooling jet reduces friction & maintains optimum engine temperature. The offset cylinder and use of rocker roller arm with needle bearing further reduces the frictional loss which not only helps in smooth and better power output, but also improves fuel efficiency.
- Mileage-up: The all new SP 125 BSVI is 16% more fuel efficient due to a completely new 125cc HET engine powered by globally acclaimed eSP technology.
Full digital meter1st in segment: SP 125 BSVI comes equipped with a full digital meter which keeps the rider updated with all the information on the go. The meter displays details like fuel efficiency details1st in segment. ECO Indicator1st in segment, Gear Position Indicator1st in segment, Service Due Indicator & other information like TRIP, Clock, On-Board Diagnostic light.
Fuel Efficiency details1st in segment – It gets 3 new real time informatics like Range (displays distance one can travel with existing fuel in tank), Average fuel efficiency (fuel efficiency of particular trip) & Real-time Fuel Efficiency for an advance riding experience.
ECO Indicator1st in segment – The switchable ECO Indicator measures various parameters to determine economical riding condition. The glowing ECO light affirms the rider of best fuel efficiency.
Gear Position Indicator1st in segment –It displays the current engaged gear and helps rider to get optimum performance out of the motorcycle.
HET tubeless tyre (Low Rolling Resistance tyre): SP 125 BSVI comes fitted with HET Tyre (Low Rolling Resistance tyre). Developed with a new tyre compound technology, it reduces energy loss while maintaining optimum grip.
The impressive style definition with aggressive tank design and edgy graphics make the SP 125 BSVI a complete head turner. The modern headlamp design and 5 spoke split alloy wheels add to the sporty character of the SP 125 BSVI. Broad grab rail and a distinctly designed tail lamp provides that bold and strong personality to the motorcycle. The chrome finish muffler enhances the premium appeal.
Advanced comfort & convenience
LED DC headlamp1st in segment: Bright & constant LED DC headlamp makes riding over rough roads & low speeds during night more convenient.
Engine Start/Stop Switch1st in segment: For the first time in 125 cc motorcycle segment, integrated engine start/stop switch has been added for more convenience. The two-way functioning switch can be used to start the engine when pressed downwards and acts as an engine kill switch when pressed upward.
Integrated Headlamp beam & passing switch1st in segment: It provides the convenience of controlling high beam/low beam & passing signal from one single switch.
5-Speed Transmission: SP 125 BSVI comes with a 5 speed transmission which gives a smooth ride even at higher speeds.
External fuel pump: Fitted outside the fuel tank, it reduces the maintenance time as it is easily accessible.
The 5 step adjustable rear suspension can be adjusted as per road conditions for a smoother ride. It also comes with seal chain which needs less frequent adjustments and low maintenance. Making every ride on new SP 125 BSVI comfortable and convenient, is the Combi-Brake System (CBS) with equalizer.
As another industry first, Honda is also offering a special 6-year warranty package (3 years standard + 3 years optional extended warranty) on SP 125 BSVI.
Price, variants & colors
SP 125 BSVI will be available in two variants (Drum & Disc) and 4 colors (Striking Green, Mat Axis Grey Metallic, Imperial Red Metallic, Pearl Siren Blue).
The all new SP 125 BSVI is priced attractively starting from Rs. 72,900 (price ex-showroom, Delhi).