KTM390 Adventure at Rs 299000January 22, 2020
KTM, The World’s No. 1 & India’s fastest growing premium motorcycle brand, announced the price of the most awaited KTM390 Adventure today. The motorcycle was unveiled in India last month at the India Bike Week on 6th December 2019. Bookings commence today at KTM Showrooms across the country for the KTM390 Adventure at Rs 299000 (Ex-showroom Delhi). The bike goes on sale from 20 January 2020.
KTM 390 Adventure marks KTM’s entry into the emerging adventure motorcycles market in India. The recent years have witnessed an increasing trend in adventure touring. Also, the interest in outdoor exploration is on the rise. The 390 Adventure has been conceptualized to address this trend and has been designed for adventure travel while being a great ride for everyday city use.
With its “Ready to Race” philosophy, KTM has an unparalleled legacy in motorsports with over 300 world championships wins spanning over 66 years. KTM has consistently dominated the most difficult rally on the planet named the ‘Dakar rally’. It has won the Championship title 18 times since 2001 with its KTM 450 Rally. The KTM390 Adventure is inspired from the Dakar winning KTM-450 Rally. Thus deriving much from KTM’s rich legacy in Rally Racing in terms of chassis, profiling & several specs such as:
- a larger fuel tank,
- wind protection
- to ensure a steady, safe & easy ride on any surface that is on offer.
At Rs 299000, the KTM 390 Adventure is purpose built for adventure travel and features:
- a lightweight Trellis frame chassis,
- a long travel suspension by WP with 170mm of wheel travel in the front
- 177mm of wheel travel in the rear,
- knobby tyres by Metzeler,
- high ground clearance of 200mm,
- long wheelbase,
- extendable windshield and
- a protective bash plate for the engine.
The most differentiating aspect of the 390 Adventure is that it comes packed with a set of first in class electronics or rider aids which have been so far limited only to the superbikes in the liter class:
- The Electronic Control Unit or ECU controls a host of electronic aids like the lean angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) which allows for better traction on dirt & loose gravel surfaces
- Cornering ABS which provides for a safer and sharper ride through the twisties
- Offroad ABS for better steering on low traction surfaces
- Quickshifter+ for smooth clutchless up and down shifting and
- KTM MY RIDE smartphone connectivity for calls, music and an optional turn-by-turn navigation, all nicely displayed and relayed by the full-color TFT display.
These aids work seamlessly to ensure a feeling of optimal control and come into play in the trickiest of situations.
The motorcycle builds on the versatility of the KTM 390 Duke Engine – a state-of-the-art DOHC single cylinder head technology – derived from KTM´s high-performance race models and electronics such as EFI and ride by wire resulting in class leading 43 Hp of Power and 37 Nm of Torque
The KTM390 Adventure at Rs 299000 is aimed squarely at motorcyclists who desire a bike:
- To handle short and long tours alike,
- Traverse tarmac roads
- As well as all kinds of offroad stretches like gravel, slush, water crossing or sand.
KTM India will also be engaging with their adventure community of customers & intenders through:
- dedicated customer engagement programs like the Adventure Day
- Global Marquee events like – the Adventure Rally which will involve Global & Indian KTM Mentors providing training & experience to KTM owners on different types of adventure terrains.
KTM390 Adventure at Rs 299000 – WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Lightweight Steel Trellis frame with KTM’s signature die cast, Open lattice swingarm offering precise stiffness & excellent flex characteristics
- 43 mm open-cartridge upside down WP APEX front forks with 170 mm of travel
- High quality gas assisted WP APEX rear shock having 177 mm of Travel with progressive spring and preload adjustment
- Dual purpose Metzeller Tourance Tyres
- Motorcycle Traction Control with lean angle sensitivity
- Cutting edge twin channel braking systems featuring Cornering ABS & Offroad ABS by Bosch
- Quickshifter+ for smooth clutchless up and down-shifting.
- Bluetooth connectivity to smartphones via KTM MY RIDE for Calls, music & turn-by-turn navigation (optional)
- State-of-the-art DOHC Engine with Electronic Fuel Injection & Ride-by-wire throttle response delivering 43 Hp of Power & 37 Nm of Torque
Other Exciting Features:
- Multifunctional dashboard with full-color TFT display is bright and clear.
- Larger fuel tank with 14.5L capacity
- Adjustable Windshield
- Toothed footpegs
- 2 V Power outlet
- LED headlight and LED daytime running lights.
Speaking on the occasion Sumeet Narang, President (Probiking) at Bajaj Auto Ltd. said “KTM has nurtured a base of over 2.5 lac biking enthusiasts in the last 7 years through it’s Duke and RC range, offering them technology and performance they had never seen before. The Adventure biking segment in India is starting to pick up steam over the last few years, backed by a widespread motorcycle touring culture. With the new KTM 390 Adventure, loaded with a host of first-in-class features like:
- Cornering ABS,
- Offroad ABS,
- lean angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) and
we believe KTM will play a pivotal role in building the adventure motorcycle segment in the country. The 390 Adventure will be available through exciting & affordable ownership plans too, the details for which will be made available at the KTM showrooms.”
Since its entry into India in 2012, KTM has grown it’s presence to over 365 cities & 460 stores. KTM has built a strong customer base of over 2.5 lac biking enthusiasts. In this short period of time making India the largest global market for KTM. The partnership of Bajaj Auto Limited & KTM is over 12 years old, with Bajaj Auto Limited owning ~48% stake in KTM AG.