Benelli Leoncino 500 LaunchedAugust 11, 2019
- The Benelli Leoncino is the most affordable parallel-twin scrambler in India today
Available in two colours – Steel Gray & Leoncino Red
- Now book online at india.benelli.com, or by visiting the nearest Benelli India Dealership.
Benelli Leoncino comes with 5-year Unlimited Kilometer Warranty as standard.*
On a mission to set a higher pace for Benelli in India, Adishwar Auto Ride India is all set to introduce some of latest and globally renowned Benelli superbikes in the Indian market.
Benelli has more than 100 years of legendary history and no machine in its line-up exemplifies this emotionally historic passion better than Benelli’s all new – Leoncino, launched at Rs. 4.79 lakh (Ex-showroom, India). With its classic scrambler look, the Leoncino recalls the easy-to-ride and lovable “LION CUB” models of the ’50s and ’60s with a modern approach.
Interested customers can book the Benelli Leoncino for Rs. 10,000, by visiting india.benelli.com or by visiting the nearest Benelli India Dealership.
Benelli India is also offering the Leoncino with ‘5-Year Unlimited Kilometer Warranty as Standard’*.
The all new Benelli Leoncino represents an authentic and pure hearted design concept. It rediscovers the style and accessibility of the original, all while delivering a contemporary motorcycle. Also, it provides a sporty and exciting experience. The front fender proudly displays the Lion of Pesaro. The new front headlamp features cutting edge LED technology.Wrapping it up, the fuel tank and seat, all flowing and emphasizing the personality of this all new Leoncino.
The Benelli Leoncino gets:
- DOHC, twin-cylinder four-stroke,
- Liquid-cooled, 500cc engine,
- Maximum power output of 47.5PS at 8500rpm
- Maximum torque of 46Nm at 6000rpm.
- The 8-valve motor is mated to a slick shifting 6-speed gearbox.
- The steel trellis frame ensures maximum versatility and maneuverability.
Commenting on the launch of the Benelli Leoncino, Mr. Vikas Jhabakh, MD – Benelli India, said, “The Leoncino combines tradition and passion with contemporary style, innovation and performance. The modern version of the Leoncino is a pure makeover of the original model and is a tribute to a legend of Italian motorcycling that largely contributed to the history of the brand, which today finds its identity in the modern world”
“With the Indian motorcycle market gearing up for new segments and superbikes witnessing a progressive growth in the last few years, we have taken a strategic decision to bring in some of the globally renowned Benelli products into the Indian market. We are building a strong customer base and network across India and we are confident in driving sales and register a positive growth in the coming years.” He further added.
- The street version of the Leoncino is elegant, fast and compact, it has 17” alloy wheels and it delivers maximum pleasure on the road.
- The tubeless Pirelli tyres include a 120/70-ZR17 section tyre at the front,
- A160/60-ZR17 section tyre at the rear, guaranteeing stability and performance in every condition.
- The front suspension features an upside-down 50mm fork
- The rear is controlled by a laterally mounted, rebound and pre-load adjustable shock absorber.
- Brakes include a radially mounted 4-piston brake calipers gripping 320mm discs up front.
- The rear is taken care of by a single piston floating caliper with a 260mm disc.
The Leoncino is available in 2 colours – Leoncino Red and Steel Gray.
Pure passion since 1911. Benelli is this and lots more: heritage, emotion and innovation become legendary throughout more than 100 years of ground breaking models, advanced technology, victories and world-renowned riders. In 2005, Benelli became a part of QJIAN JIANG (QJ) group, China. The production capacity reaches to 12,00,000 vehicles per year, with about 14,000 employees. Benelli as a global player has established itself across 70 countries and growing stronger.
Further strengthening Benelli Q.J’s position in the global market is Geely’s recent $166 million investment in parent company QJ, giving it 29.77% ownership of QJ’s equity. This makes Qjian Jiang, China’s second largest motorcycle manufacturer.
About Adishwar Auto Ride India
Vikas Jhabakh, Director – Mahavir Group, spearheads Benelli’s operations in India through Adishwar Auto Ride India (AARI), a partner of Mahavir Group, one of the leading automobile dealers in the country. AARI is the exclusive partner by Benelli, to distribute Benelli’s premium product range in the country. The company has setup an assembly plant for Benelli in Hyderabad. The company manufactures and imports range of Benelli bikes from Italy & South East Asia regions.
|Type||In-line 2-cylinder, DOHC, Liquid-cooled, 8-Valve|
|Power||47.5PS @ 8500rpm|
|Torque||46Nm @ 6000rpm|
|L x W x H||2160 x 875 x 1160 mm|
|Min. Ground Clearance||145mm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||13.5 litres|
|Front Suspension||50mm Inverted Telescopic Fork|
|Rear Suspension||lateral hydraulic shock absorber with spring preload and rebound adjustment|
|Front Brake||320mm Dual Discs with radially mounted 4-piston calipers|
|Rear Brake||260mm Single Disc with single piston floating caliper|
|Front Tyre||120/70 – 17|
|Rear Tyre||160/60 – 17|
Photo Credits: Dipen Nisar Autovlogs