Road Safety Month 2021 Short Film Competition Prize DistributionNovember 30, 2021
Road Safety Month 2021 Short Film Competition Prize Distribution ceremony on 29th November 2021. Earlier this year , the Road Transport Short Film Competition was organized jointly by:
- The Regional Transport Office, Pune,
- Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Chitrapat Mahamandal and
- Pixel Stat.
The competition was inaugurated on 18.01.2021 in Mumbai by Hon’ble Chief Minister, State of Maharashtra.
The competition received overwhelming response from all over Maharashtra. One hundred and twenty three short films were submitted by the contestants. A total of 30 best short films in various categories have been selected from it.
The selection committee consisted of examiners from:
- The All India Film Corporation who are proficient in directors, writers, etc.
- Officials from the Public Works Department and
- The Transport Department.
The award distribution ceremony to the short film makers selected in this competition. Also, the felicitation of the individuals / organizations who are actively involved in the work of road safety. This function was held on 29 November 2021 at Balgandharva Rangmandir, Pune. Under the auspices of Dr. Avinash Dhakne Hon’ble Transport Commissioner, State of Maharashtra.
All selected short films were screened at the beginning of the program. Also, road safety information stalls were put up. The Volkswagen vintage car exhibited at the entrance was a star attraction. The awards function was jointly organized by the Department of Motor Vehicles, All India Marathi Film Corporation and Pixelstat.
The short film makers selected from the 16 categories mentioned below were honored with prizes and medals by the dignitaries. The details are as follows.
|1st Prize (Winner)||Satvik Welaskar (CiAO)||31000/-||B U Bhandari Group|
|2nd Prize||Aniket Wagh Creations (Aarasa – The Mirror)||21000/-||Eicher Motors|
|3rd Prize||SMJ Kreationz (The Crossover)||11000/-||Chougule Industries- Maruti Nexa / Arena|
|Best Outgoing Film||Mudra Pictures (Sign Language)||9000/-||Kothari Group Nexa Wheels|
|Best Director||Satvik Welaskar (CiAO)||7000/-||Volvo|
|Best Message film||Jayesh Sanghavi (Status)||7000/-||Motor Driving School Owners association|
|Best Actor||Aniket Bajarang Wagh (Aarasa – The Mirror)||7000/-||Enfield Platinum|
|Best Actress||Puja Mithbavkar (CiAO)||7000/-||Tata Motors – Devyani Motors|
|Best Child Actor||Maitrayee Welaskar (CiAO)||5000/-||Ace Kudale Cars|
|Best Writer||Aniket Bajarang Wagh (Aarasa – The Mirror)||5000/-||Pashankar Auto|
|Best Editor||Abhijit Kanade (The Crossover)||3000/-||Kothari Cars|
|Best DOP||Shailesh N Anikhindi (Traffic Rules)||3000/-||Sehgal Autoriders|
|Best Jury Award||Gandharva Gulwelkar (It Matters)||3000/-||PUC Owners Association Pune|
|Best Production House||Spark Video tech LLP Positive Picture House (Traffic Rules)||5000/-||Olectra Greentech Ltd (Electric Bus)|
|Best Production – Individual Professional||Shubham Kishor Pandav (What The Helmet)||5000/-||Bharat Suzuki, Pune|
|Best Production – Mobile shoot / non professional||Faiz Khan (Pudhe Chaurasta Aahe)||5000/-||Jai Malhar Enterprises Retro Reflective Tapes Purandhar|
The following dignitaries were present for the event:
- Dr. Avinash Dhakne, Commissioner of Transport, State of Maharashtra
- Dr. Ajit Shinde, Regional Transport Officer, Pune Division
- Mr. Anil Valiv, Deputy Regional Transport Officer, (Road Safety) Office of the Transport Commissioner, Mumbai
- Mr. Sanjay Sasane, Deputy Regional Transport Officer, Pune
- Mr. Atul Aade, Deputy Regional Transport Officer, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Mr. Meghraj Rajebhosle, President, All India Marathi Film Corporation
- Mrs. Nikita Moghe, Co-host, All India Marathi Film Corporation
- Mr. Anil Pantoji, Jury
- Mr. Raj Qazi, Jury
- Mr. Srinivasa Bhange, Jury
- Mr. Naik, Jury
- Mr. Raj Kuber, Director
- Mr. Ajit Shirole, Director
- Mr. Yuvraj Shah, Director
- Mr. Tanmay Pendse, Inspector
- Mrs. Puja Pawar, Actress
- Mrs. Jaymala Inamdar, Actress
- Mrs. Suhasini Deshpande, Actress
- Mr. Ramesh Pardeshi, Actor
- Short film examiner Jury
- Team of technicians from Pixel Stat
The other dignitaries present for the event:
- Director of BU Bhandari Mr. Deven Bhandari, Mr. Amit Khupse of Eicher Motors, representatives of Fiat India and vehicle manufacturers / distributors were present.
- Officers / Staff at Regional Transport Office, Pune
- Motor Driving School / PUC Center Driver / Retrofitters / Representatives of Social Organizations / Representatives of Hospitals and Pune Area Journalists
Dr. Ajit Shinde started the program with a welcome address. Mr. Meghraj Rajebhosle, President of All India Marathi Film Corporation introduced the audience about the concept of short film production and selection process. In his presidential address, the Hon’ble Transport Commissioner emphasized the importance of road safety. Nowadays, drivers have to take special precautions.
Apart from this, the following various individuals and organizations working in the field of road safety were felicitated:
- Mrs. Pansare of IDAL NGO
- Mr. Amol Kate of Jaaniv Foundation
- Mr. Raju Ghatole, President of Motor Driving School Association
- Mr. Eknath Dhole of Eklavya Motor Driving School
- Mr. Vijay Duggal of Sai Motor Driving School
- Mr. Mahesh Shilimkar of Mahesh Motor Driving School
- Shri. Ram Bagad of Raktache Naate
- RJ Bandya
Fiat India, HV Desai Eye Hospital, Cummins College of Women’s Engineering College, Law College, Avsari Government Polytechnic etc. were felicitated for their initiatives on road safety.
On this occasion, Bhai Dole had exhibited a vintage car. Some motor driving schools and NGOs had participated in the exhibition in terms of organ donation, puppet show, new improvements in vehicle training etc.
Apart from this, work on road safety by:
- Save Life Foundation,
- Lokmanya Hospital,
- Bajaj Electricals,
- John Deere,
- Bridgestone Tire,
- Associate Capsule Company was mentioned.
Apart from this, Mr. Suresh Awhad and Mr. Santosh Zagde were felicitated on behalf of all the officers in the premises of Vehicle Inspection Center at Dive under Regional Transport Office, Pune. Mr. Junwane and Mr. Desai of Bus and Car Owners Association were also felicitated.
Sai Paranjape’s group gave a Kathak dance performance. Noted singers Mr. Chitrasen Bhavar and Mrs. Shilpa Bhavar performed as well.
Six Regional Transport Officers Mr. Anant Bhosale, Mr. Amar Desai, Mr. RM Patil, Mr. Pawan Navhade and Motor Vehicle Inspector Mr. Chandrakant Mane and other Motor Vehicle Inspectors / Six Motor Vehicle Inspectors played an important role in organizing the program.
Directed by Mr. Kaustubh Kulkarni
Hosted by Mr. Jitendra Waikar and Mrs. Nayan Jayaprakash
Vote of thanks given by Mr. Sanjay Sasane, Deputy Regional Transport Officer.
- web-design and development
- media development and
- eLearning Design and Development