Toyota Hilux is the 1st Official Vehicle Partner of the CISRLJune 3, 2023
Toyota Hilux is the Official Vehicle Partner of the Ceat Indian Supercross Racing League. Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) is proud to announce its association as the official vehicle partner for the upcoming Indian Supercross Racing League, world’s first-of-its-kind franchise-based supercross racing league, in the country. The Supercross is a variant of motocross that involves off-road motorcycle racing on a constructed dirt track consisting of steep jumps and obstacles.
This league will feature renowned riders from both India as well as global motorsport arena, promising to deliver phenomenal dirt bike racing of international calibre. For this year, a three-round season is being planned to be held across different cities in India. The Toyota Hilux being equipped with the 4×4 drive capabilities is a perfect partner, like none other, to support supercross league towards creating extraordinary experiences for the viewers and serve the needs of teams and officials during the league.
Being the official vehicle partner of the event, the iconic Toyota Hilux will provide on-ground operational support to Indian Supercross Racing League in conducting dirt bike race. The Hilux known for its true 4×4 capabilities will facilitate the transport of motocross dirt bikes into the event venues as well as usage by teams and officials during the event. This Supercross Racing League involves different customised dirt bikes, covering Indian as well as renowned international brands. The legendary Toyota Hilux will be showcased at four strategic locations across the event areas, including the pit area, the centre of the stadium and the podium/stage.
Globally, Toyota has a strong history in motorsports, dates back more than 60 years:
- Associating and competing in various prominent motorsport events such as The World Rally Championship, Dakar Rally & the World Endurance Championship and so forth.
- Toyota’s motorsport divisions namely Toyota Racing Development (TRD) and Toyota Gazoo Racing (TGR) have a legacy in racing that has led to expanded knowledge and the development of ever-better cars over the years.
- Toyota strongly believes that ‘everyone has a racer inside and being part of the team means playing a role in building something greater and making history together’.
- To elaborate, the first TOYOTA GAZOO Racing activity, namely the ‘5 Continents Drive’ was held in India in 2019. Furthermore, in the year 2020, the GR Supra GT Cup e-motorsport was announced in India, indulging avid gamers and motorsport-lovers in the digital realm, bringing in a lot of fun-drive and thrill.
Speaking on the partnership, Mr. Atul Sood, Vice President of Sales and Strategic Marketing – Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said,
“We are thrilled to associate as the official vehicle partner for the world’s first-of-its-kind franchise-based Indian Supercross Racing League. The remarkable dirt bike racing event provides us a unique opportunity to extend necessary support towards the movement of specialised dirt bikes with Toyota Hilux, which is renowned for its off-roading capabilities. In addition, we will be showcasing the unmatched performance of Hilux via a special act during this league. Needless to mention, our association with motorsports globally has been longstanding, and we are excited to support the Indian Supercross Racing League in India, to conduct their dirt bike race.
As Toyota’s product offering, the Toyota Hilux aims to fulfil the needs of customers seeking an awesome lifestyle utility vehicle that is best suited, not only for off-roading adventure drives on tough terrains, but also for everyday city use. Furthermore, this versatile vehicle is perfectly suited for multi-purpose usages that can cater to new emerging business customers be it campervan, farming, defence, mining, construction, rescue van, etc.”, he added.
- Given the rising trend of discerning millennials, leaning towards owning 4×4 SUVs, the Toyota Hilux has received good customer response by gaining enormous appreciation for its great styling and driving comfort.
- In addition to variety of remarkable features coupled with a robust engine, the Hilux also offers exceptional endurance, low maintenance cost, and great practicality for a variety of usage purposes.
- Toyota Hilux will continue to set new standards by creating new experiences and enhance the lifestyle of the customers to ‘Live a Fuller Life’.
Sharing his views about the official vehicle partnership with Toyota, Mr. Eeshan Lokhande, Co-founder of Indian Supercross Racing League, said,
“We are delighted to have Toyota Kirloskar Motor on board as our official vehicle partner for the Indian Supercross Racing League. Toyota’s Hilux with its rugged capabilities and reliability is a perfect accompaniment for our racing event to enable the movement of our dirt bikes to the race arena. We are confident of delivering a world-class racing experience to our audience and racers. We look forward to a successful partnership and an exhilarating season ahead.”
“Recently, in India, Toyota announced their foray into 4X4 X-pedition” – Highlights:
- Designed to connect with the 4×4 enthusiast and provide opportunities to unleash the true potential of their 4×4 SUVs.
- The first zonal drive took place in Southern region of India covering Bangalore-Hassan-Sakleshpur
- Thereby creating an unforgettable journey for the 4×4 community.
- In this direction, TKM’s association with Supercross League is an integral part of Toyota’s enhanced motorsport activities in India.