Two new Mahindra Mojos incoming…
Two new Mahindra Mojos incoming? Last week BikeAdvice posted an article in questioning the whereabouts of the FOUR Mojos Mahindra promised. This week we got a look at not one but two new Mahindra Mojo concepts by Autologue Design. Sheer coincidence or perfectly timed posts, Well time will tell. There is no doubt that at the turn of the new year a question has been raised. To the pleasant surprise of motorcycle enthusiasts that question has been answered.
Until about a decade ago, motorcyclists in India looked up to international brands for quenching their thirst for adventure and super biking. Fast forward to today homegrown marquees like Royal Enfield Himalayan and Hero Xpulse metaphorically speaking, have “taken the fight to the enemy”.
In a recent video post we see an Autologue Design crew member posing with a Kawasaki and a Mahindra Mojo in the background. This certainly puts initial speculation that indeed there is something in the works. On further searching we found not one but two Mahindra Mojos!!
Also, four years back Mahindra revealed that Four New Mojos are “Under Works”
Between 2016 and 2020 a lot has changed, to begin with the BS6 norms. This transition has had a ripple effect on all manufacturers. It is no hidden fact that the Mahindra Mojo engine till date is appreciated by the media and automotive enthusiasts alike. It is safe to assume that the company wanted to step up to the compliance norms while also coming up to speed, on their own terms.
Two new Mahindra Mojos – Between 2015 and 2020 here’s are a few visible changes:
- Engine – BS4 and BS6 updates made as per the norms and timelines.
- Power – there has been a bhp or two reduced, but then again what is on paper is not what is on the throttle
- Exhaust – A single exhaust setup from dual, recently a dual exhaust setup (a one off build)
- ABS – a long awaited feature finally made in roads on the 2019 iteration.
- Tyres – from radials to biased setup. This allows for more options of aftermarket tyres and 10mm gain of ground clearance. Additionally, the 2020 Mojo has two different brand of tyres across two “variants”.
- Front suspension – the transition from USD to telescopic is considered as a downgrade. Let’s look at it this way – in case of suspension failure the rider is not completely stranded. In USD all the oil immediately drips out courtesy gravity and its orientation. Also, it is allows for a conventional suspension repair shop to fix it and thus reduce downtime.
Spoke wheels – Taking the simple a+b=c equation we can also assume that:
Tyre dimensions + front suspension = room for spoke wheel (adventure/rally setup)
Here is where it gets interesting; two different motorcycles with two different tread patterns spotted at Autologue Design –
The Mahindra Mojo XT with what looks like a MRF REVZ C tyre. The other Mahindra Mojo, a 2nd generation telescopic suspension – the platform for the UT300, BS4 and the all new Mahindra Mojo BS6. Thus we have two new concepts with an option for retro-fitment?? Certainly a lot has changed, however let’s take a closer look these posts by Autologue Design.
Basis the two illustrations it is clear that Two new Mahindra Mojos may have:
- A sport tourer – Mahindra Mojo ST
- An adventure tourer – Mahindra Mojo AT
What can one expect from Two new Mahindra Mojos Xplorer kit? Basis our last article on the Dominar Xplorer :
- A slightly raised headlamp for better lighting and the “adventure feel”.
- Air intake duct/curtains in the design to offer additional cooling
- Visor options – tall short visor in clear and smoky options
- Handlebar Risers
- Adventure and sport Tyre options
- An all new Tyre Hugger
- Tail Tidy setup from Autologue Design
- GPS navigator/ Smartphone holder with USB charger
This in addition to its existing lineup of accessories like:
- Fog lamp mount with Fog lamps (sold separately)
- Front Guard
- Integrated Carrier and Saddle stays
- Mojo Mobile Holder
Two new Mahindra Mojos – possible rollout strategy:
- Launch two new variants in collaboration with Autologue Design and kits for the existing Mojo Tribe members
- Launch kits for all variants – this directly from Autologue Design or offer them directly as an accessory fitted in-house (at Mahindra Mojo service centres)
Also, after the launch of the adventure kits for KTM and Bajaj Dominar, we also can see from their Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/autologueindia/
the #gixxerxplorer –
This certainly indicates that there is a growing demand for adventure/ sporting touring motorcycles. Thus, it is just the right time for Mahindra Two Wheelers to launch an all new product offering in the segment.
Connect with Mahindra Mojo
To know about Mahindra & Mahindra Two Wheelers Division
About Autologue Design
Autologue Design was launched in 2013 with a purpose to provide options and solutions to automotive enthusiasts, derived from automotive conversations. Autologue Design is joint venture by Mukul Nanda, a Post Graduate from DYPDC, and Indian Cricketer Yuvraj Singh in 2013 with an objective to cater to the Indian Automotive Enthusiasts like themselves.
“Our aim is to bring Indian automotive designing at par with global standards. We are constantly updating ourselves with current trends in international designs. Thereby making sure that the modern Indian enthusiast gets what he or she aspires for and deserves. To make sure that our end products meet quality standards, most of the detailing & manufacturing processes are kept in-house to ensure that our products are truly top-notch.”