Bonneville Speedmaster – Triumph Motorcycles India’s first all new classic cruiserFebruary 28, 2018
Stellar classic custom addition to its strong portfolio launched at INR 11,11,555/-
Triumph Motorcycles India is building a category-defining repertoire in India with the launch of the new 2018 Bonneville Speedmaster. The fun and accessible contemporary Bonneville gets a significant retrofit in capability and style to create this iconic classic cruiser. The style, the performance, the features, the safety combined with the trademark Triumph experience will not just catapult the brand to dominate the Indian market, but also the hearts of all motorcycle enthusiasts in the country.
About the all new Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster
|All-LED Lighting with Full LED Headlight with DRL*||All new, distinctive and elegant, full LED 5-inch multi-function headlight with beautiful Triumph maker’s mark triangle branding. Main and dipped beam, and front position light, plus Triumph’s signature style LED daytime running light.
Compact and elegant, with a distinctive light pattern, the LED rear light, LED indicators and LED number plate light are power efficient and durable.
|Single Button Cruise Control||Single button function cruise control with one press for on, one press to set the speed and one press to cancel. Easily accessible button mounted into the left hand switch cube.|
|Ride-by-Wire||For a crisper, more precise and more accurate throttle response, with improved on/off throttle transition. Enabling different throttle maps linked to two different riding modes.|
|Riding Modes||Linked to the ride-by-wire system, there are Road and Rain riding modes, selectable via the new switchgear, for maximum, control and safety in different riding conditions, both delivering full power.|
|ABS||The contemporary safety standard, with minimal visual impact, the ABS is responsive yet unobtrusive|
|Switchable Traction Control||Contemporary switchable traction control thus maximising rider safety and control.|
|Torque Assist Clutch||Reducing clutch lever effort, the Torque Assist Clutch improves long distance rideability and reduces rider fatigue.|
|Immobiliser||State-of-the-art immobiliser system as standard, with a transponder incorporated into the Triumph branded key.|
|Authentic ‘British custom’ attitude and style||A whole host of additional elegant design touches have been considered for an authentic classic custom attitude and laid back riding style, like the classic ‘nacelle’ headlight detailing, swept back beach bars, forward pegs, fixed rear mudguard and 16” wire spoked wheels.
The Bonneville Speedmaster also has a larger 12-litre fuel tank for increased range and comes with easily interchangeable twin and single seat set ups for added versatility. Constructed in a deep, sculpted foam for maximum rider and passenger comfort, both seats have been finished with a premium contrast piping.
Three classic colour options are available for the Bonneville Speedmaster, all of which compliment the beautiful real metal finish, polished detailing and elegant badging:
• Jet Black
• Cranberry Red
• Fusion White and Phantom Black with a twin hand painted coach line
|Superior handling, comfort and control||The Bonneville Speedmaster’s comfortable riding ergonomics deliver Triumph’s signature neutral and intuitive handling with swept back beach bars, forward pegs, and confidence-inspiring high specification brakes:
• 310mm twin disc front brakes with two twin piston Brembo calipers
• 255mm single disc rear brake with single piston Nissin caliper
For unrivalled rider and pillion comfort, the Bonneville Speedmaster is fitted with a deep foam comfort seat and removable pillion seat pad, together with high specification adjustable suspension for the smoothest ride:
• 41mm cartridge front forks with 90mm travel
• Hidden monoshock RSU with linkage, 73mm rear wheel travel and stepped preload adjuster
Completing the authentic hard-tail look is the Speedmaster’s inspired black powder-coated ‘cage’ swinging arm with paddock stand bobbin mounts.
|Thrilling performance and sound||The new Bonneville Speedmaster takes Triumph’s critically acclaimed 1200cc High Torque parallel-twin engine and adds the even higher torque engine tune of the Bobber. Delivering category-leading peak torque of 106Nm at 4,000rpm – a massive 42% more peak torque than the 2015 Triumph Speedmaster and up to 10% more than the current generation Bonneville T120. Smooth, linear power is delivered low down in the rev range through the slick six-speed gearbox with peak power output at 77PS, 25% up on the 2015 Speedmaster and 10% up on the Bonneville T120.
Unique to the Bonneville Speedmaster is the distinctive raw exhaust note, evolved from the Bonneville T120 but now an even deeper and richer sound. The bright chromed stainless steel exhaust is twin skinned for a seamless hidden cat box run and finished with unique bright chrome silencers. It also has a twin air box with twin filter design, packaged for optimised volume.
|Class leading capability and technology||Featuring a 5” full-LED headlight with distinctive daytime running light pattern* and full LED lighting throughout (rear light, indicators and number plate light), the Bonneville Speedmaster has modern capability, durability and style. The new ride-by-wire throttle enables two riding modes (Road and Rain), plus it has the latest generation ABS and switchable traction control. The torque assist clutch, which helps prevent rider fatigue by reducing pull effort at the lever, along with the new single button cruise control, improve rideability and comfort. There is also a feature packed, yet stylishly minimal, single clock with analogue speedometer and LCD display, controlled by easy to reach fingertip controls.
As with all Triumphs in the Modern Classics range, the new Bonneville Speedmaster is liquid-cooled, reducing emissions and offering a high first major service interval of 10,000 miles (16,000 Km). For added piece of mind, it also features the latest immobiliser with the transponder fitted into the premium Triumph badged key.
|Even more comfort, capability and style||With over 130 custom accessories available through Triumph’s online configurator, riders can take their Bonneville Speedmaster to an even higher level of specification and capability with official accessories, including premium Vance & Hines exhausts**, swing arm bags and panniers, highway pegs, engine bars, and an adjustable touring screen. For those wanting to set up their Speedmaster in the single seat configuration, there is also a grab rail removal kit and rear mudguard finisher.
**Availability of Vance & Hines exhausts is governed by local market legislation – please check with your Triumph market representative for availability.
|Bonneville Collection Clothing: Speedmaster Range||Adding to the hugely popular Bonneville clothing collection, a dedicated range of Bonneville Speedmaster clothing will be available in Triumph dealerships globally, timed to match the bike’s availability. The new Speedmaster range includes four stylish t-shirts, a casual quilted jacket, a monochrome checked riding shirt, and a trendy grey hoodie.|
Mr. Vimal Sumbly, Managing Director, Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt Ltd. with the Bonneville Speedmaster
About Triumph Motorcycles
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
- Building around 67,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has over 700 dealers across the world.
- The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA. The original British superbike and a race winner straight out of the crate. Chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family THE authentic modern classic choice today.
- Today, Triumph has been producing “Tiger” motorcycles for more than 80 years, the first competition Triumph Tiger (70, 80 and 90 models) all won their classes in the 1936 ISDT (International Six Day Trial).
- Triumph holds a unique place in the history of the International Six Day Trials as the motorcycle of choice for both the multiple winning British teams and famously Steve McQueen’s US ride entry in 1964.
- At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
- This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the epic Speed Triple, the game changing all new Street Triple 765, the class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the stunning Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton, accessible Street Twin, Street Scramble and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles
- Triumph currently employs around 2,000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Key Highlights, Triumph Motorcycles India
- Triumph Motorcycles India is a subsidiary of the iconic British motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles, one of the oldest British Motorcycle Brands established in 1902
- Fastest growing luxury & lifestyle brand in India
- 4500 Customers; 51 major auto awards
- 15 state-of-the art dealerships at strategic locations and an upcoming dealership in Mangalore
- CKD Assembly Facility at Manesar, Haryana
- Rider groups started in all dealer cities (Riders Association of Triumph) in line with Triumph Motorcycles’ brand ethos – For the Ride
Key Highlights, For the Ride – Consumer
- Tie up with India’s leading financial service provider HDFC & the world’s leading lubricant manufacturer, Castrol to ensure top notch quality
- Global branding across every store in India, with build your own bike concept and full stock of riding gear, accessories and clothing
- 24 X 7 Customer service helpline – 1800 300 000 51
- 2 years unlimited mileage warranty on all the Motorcycles