Royal Enfield launches Thunderbird XFebruary 28, 2018
The Thunderbird X has been designed to resonate with the new-age motorcyclists’ sense of self-expression and individualism.
Boasting a bold yet elegant design treatment with an overall blacked-out theme and contrasting bright-coloured tanks, the new Thunderbird X is ready to make a distinct statement on Indian roads.
Royal Enfield motorcycles today introduced the Thunderbird X – a new factory-built, custom look motorcycle. Continuing the legacy of Thunderbird – the Thunderbird X will further advance the youthful character and the story of self-expression that its predecessor has come to define. Bringing in a contemporary, custom-inspired urban expression with an all blacked out theme and vibrant colours, the Thunderbird X is bolder, and will sport four new colours – Getaway Orange and Drifter Blue for the Thunderbird 500X and Whimsical White and Roving Red for the Thunderbird 350X.
Launched in 2002, the Thunderbird has been the contemporary styled highway cruiser that has inspired generations of young explorers over the last 15 years. Celebrating this inspiration, and with a purpose to encourage self-expression among young urban explorers, the Thunderbird X is a bold new ‘twist’ to the Thunderbird and a fresh new take on ‘custom-cool’. Thunderbird X will be available at Royal Enfield dealerships across all major cities. The Thunderbird 500X will be priced at Rs. 198,878 (ex-showroom Delhi) and the Thunderbird 350X will be priced at Rs. 156,849 (ex-showroom Delhi)
Thunderbird X – Styling and Features
- The Thunderbird X comes with alloy wheels and tubeless tyres, a first for Royal Enfield, which give the motorcycle an attitude that sets it apart.
- The ‘gunslinger’ styled seat coupled with the new grab-rail and shortened rear mudguard creates custom style statement and gives a cleaner, less cluttered look.
- The blacked-out theme is uniformly carried over to components like the silencer, front forks, side covers, headlamp cover, indicators and grab-rail.
- In high contrast, the vibrant colours of the tank are coordinated with other elements on the motorcycle, such as the stitching on the seat and rim-tapes on the wheels.
- The new flat handlebar has been dropped to give a more aggressive, and leant-in riding attitude, and makes for a more committed riding stance.
- Disc brakes, both in front and rear, ensure adequate stopping power for safety and stability.
The Thunderbird X will be powered by Royal Enfield’s Unit Construction Engine. The Thunderbird 500X is powered by a single cylinder, air cooled, 499cc engine fed by an electronic fuel injection system which produces maximum power of 27.2 bhp @ 5250 rpm and generates 41.3 Nm torque @ 4000 rpm.
Thunderbird 350X on the other hand, comes with a single cylinder, air cooled, twinspark, 346cc engine which produces a maximum power of 19.8 bhp @ 5250 rpm and generates a maximum Torque of 28 Nm @ 4000 rpm.
Complementing the Thunderbird X motorcycles, Royal Enfield introduces a small Gear capsule celebrating the spirit of bold urban expressionists. Along with the Thunderbird 500X and 350X, Royal Enfield’s popular highway cruiser – Thunderbird will also continue to be retailed.
For more information on Thunderbird X – https://royalenfield.com/motorcycles/thunderbird-x
To know more about Royal Enfield, the motorcycles, marquee rides and other initiatives, visit: http://royalenfield.com
Be a part of one of Royal Enfield on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RoyalEnfield
Follow @RoyalEnfield on Twitter
Launch Venue: Platiinum Auto