Shilpa Balakrishnan – Himalayas with Pramerica 2021 beginsSeptember 10, 2021
Shilpa Balakrishnan – Himalayas with Pramerica 2021
On the eve of Ganesh Chaturthi Mumbai based endurance motorcyclist Shilpa Balakrishnan, set out on a ride through all the Himalayan Motorable Passes. This expedition is expected to be completed in a span of 2 months covering about 15,000 kms. This ride is supported by Pramerica Life Insurance, one of India’s leading Insurance companies.
Pramerica Life Insurance caters to a large customer base of Indian defence personnel, the protectors of Indian borders. The brand’s symbol is ‘The Rock of Gibraltar’, which signifies strength and protection. As the large part of our border falls under the Himalayan range – the protector of Indian border, ‘Himalayas with Pramerica’ is synergistic to their brand.
Through this ride Shilpa aims to promote:
- Tourism – within the country
- Support local business – Amongst others, the tourism & hotel industry has been hit the hardest
- Swachh Bharat – sensitize people about cleanliness at tourist spots
- Road Safety – road safety is paramount, be it within city or long rides
Ms. Kalpana Sampat, Managing Director and CEO of Pramerica Life Insurance said:
“The solo bike ride through the Indian Trans Himalayan Range by a woman biker, Shilpa Balakrishnan is a gutsy task, which comes with its own adventures, risks and is still about how you keep yourself safe. This aspect resonates completely with the ethos of Pramerica Life Insurance and we are proud to be a part of this ride.”
About Shilpa Balakrishnan – The story so far..
Shilpa Balakrishnan Vs Bajaj Dominar 400 – Shilpa Balakrishnan, a female motorcyclist from Mumbai has been riding two wheelers for over 14 years now. She has traveled all over India, her last solo expedition covered all 29 States and 5 Union Territories. On this journey she clocked about 27000 kms in 135 days. She then visited Bhutan and very recently went on a 6-nation ride covering India and five South East Asian countries – Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. She did this with three other women and covered 17000 kms in 56 days during the tour. Her love for travel and passion to ride motorcycles keeps her motivated and she wishes to ride many more miles all the way.
Also, she added another feat to her cache of records in October 2018. She became the first female to do a solo ride to all 4 corners of India in 29 days covering 15219 kms. This feat is recorded in India Book of Records and World Records of India.
Because knowledge is best when shared..
In 2019, she started training women to ride motorcycles. The idea being, to enable women to fulfill their dream of motorcycling. The vision is to have as many women riding motorcycles and not just the stereotype scooterettes. Furthermore, she believes that its not just about riding techniques, but to also teach them:
- The correct way of riding
- Following traffic rules
- Safety norms etc.
Connect with Shilpa on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/shilpasbikerlogue/
Follow her on Instagram – https://instagram.com/shilp_b
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ShilpaB11?s=08
Himalayas with Pramerica – Shilpa Balakrishnan and her 2018 Bajaj Dominar 400
Here are the top 7 reasons we think why Shilpa chose her Bajaj Dominar 400 for this ride:
- The Bajaj Dominar 400 may not be the best compared to Honda, Yamaha or other international brands.
- At high speeds it is planted and is quite stable in case of crosswinds.
- The Bajaj Dominar 400 is an Electronic Fuel Injected motorcycle that automatically calibrates itself and adapts when you are riding in high altitude regions.
- ABS offers sufficient bite and the brake pads replacement does not burn a hole in the wallet.
- Engine beat could have been smoother, but it is not very noisy, so that is not a real issue. It performs well in any given weather condition as well.
- Torque delivery is linear yet allows you enough of power when negotiating a mountain pass.
- For its overall dimensions, the Bajaj Dominar 400 is easy to maneuver in any type of traffic conditions.
ABOUT PRAMERICA LIFE INSURANCE
Pramerica Life Insurance is dedicated towards providing financial protection to families through life insurance. Our international partner, Prudential International Insurance Holdings, Ltd., is a fully owned subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc.; a 145-year-old corporation with operations in the United States, Asia and Latin America.
For generations, Prudential has been providing financial security to US Armed Forces, their Veterans and families through various programmes like:
- Serving Group Life Insurance (SGLI)
- Veteran Group Life Insurance (VGLI)
- Family Group Life Insurance (FGLI)
and has USD 1.6 Trillion (as on 31st March 2021), Assets Under Management (AUM).
To visit the Pramerica Life Insurance Website click on the link Below:
You can also connect with them on Social media here: