The Ultimate Mahindra Mojo incomingMarch 13, 2021
The Ultimate Mahindra Mojo incoming? Somewhere in the middle of December 2020 BikeAdvice posted an article in questioning the whereabouts of the FOUR Mojos Mahindra promised. This week Autologue Design launched the Mahindra MOJO Xplorer Kit. Launched at 15,000/- plus shipping and taxes. Limited to just 15 units, the pre- order kits sold out in a few hours!!
Currently the kit is available on the Autologue Design website at 20,000.00 INR plus shipping and taxes. The Mahindra MOJO Xplorer Kit is said to be compatible with all variants. The kit is available in the following colours:
- Ruby red
- Red Agate
- Garnet Black
- Black Pearl
- Ocean blue
- Volcano Red
In addition it is speculated that owners of the sunburst yellow could book it too. Thus we have the “An adventure tourer – Mahindra Mojo AT” launched.
This design apparently went up against another design with 61% votes as against 39%
The Ultimate Mahindra Mojo incoming – something different?
Also, in a recent video post we see a Mahindra Mojo at Autologue Design with some “alterations” :
- A different looking front suspension
- Spoke wheels
- Dual purpose tyres that looked like Timsun T823s
- Probably a lifted rear suspension
Spoke wheels – Taking the simple a+b=c equation we can also assume that:
Tyre dimensions + front suspension = room for spoke wheel (adventure/rally setup)
Wait, didn’t we already mention that somewhere?
Additionally, it can have some or all of these fitments:
- A slightly raised headlamp for better lighting and the “adventure feel”.
- Air intake duct/curtains in the design to offer additional cooling
- Visor options – tall short visor in clear and smoky options
- Handlebar Risers
- Adventure and sport Tyre options
- An all new Tyre Hugger
- Tail Tidy setup from Autologue Design
- GPS navigator/ Smartphone holder with USB charger
This in addition to its existing lineup of accessories like:
- Fog lamp mount with Fog lamps (sold separately)
- Front Guard
- Integrated Carrier and Saddle stays
- Mojo Mobile Holder
With these structural alterations it can mean one of two scenarios:
- A Rally spec unit being built for a forthcoming event.
- A special custom build similar to the limited edition Domivel SE by Autologue Design.
Also, four years back Mahindra revealed that Four New Mojos are “Under Works”
Indeed, between 2016 and 2021 a lot has changed, to begin with the BS6 norms. This transition impacted the automotive industry. It is no hidden fact that the Mahindra Mojo shares a love hate relationship with the media and automotive enthusiasts alike. It is safe to assume that they wanted to step up to the BS6 norms while also coming up to speed, on their own terms.
The Ultimate Mahindra Mojo incoming – Between 2015 and 2021 here’s are a few visible changes:
- Engine – BS4 and BS6 updates made as per the norms and timelines.
- Power – there has been a bhp or two reduced, but then again what is on paper is not what is on the throttle
- Exhaust – A single exhaust setup from dual, recently a dual exhaust setup (a one off build)
- ABS – a long awaited feature finally made in roads on the 2019 iteration.
- Tyres – from radials to biased setup. This allows for more options of aftermarket tyres and 10mm gain of ground clearance. Additionally, the 2020 Mojo has two different brand of tyres across two “variants”.
- Front suspension – the transition from USD to telescopic is considered as a downgrade. Let’s look at it this way – in case of suspension failure the rider is not completely stranded. In USD all the oil immediately drips out almost immediately, courtesy gravity and its orientation. Also, it is allows for a conventional suspension repair shop to fix it and thus reduce downtime.
Remember them? two different motorcycles with two different tread patterns spotted at Autologue Design –
- The Mahindra Mojo XT with a MRF REVZ C tyre.
- The other Mahindra Mojo, with a telescopic suspension – the platform for the UT300, BS4 and the all new Mahindra Mojo BS6.
And there’s more – More Mahindra Mojos in the house:
The Ultimate Mahindra Mojo incoming – the rollout strategy:
- As speculated, at this point the kit is directly available on the Autologue Design website.
- Also, we understand the kits will soon be available at all Mahindra Mojo dealerships pan India.
Also, after the launch of the adventure kits for KTM and Bajaj Dominar, we also can see from their Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/autologueindia/
the #gixxerxplorer –
This indicates that there is a growing demand for adventure/ sport touring motorcycles. Thus, it is the ideal time for Mahindra Two Wheelers to launch an all new product offering in the segment.
Connect with Mahindra Mojo
To know about Mahindra & Mahindra Two Wheelers Division
About Autologue Design
Autologue Design was launched in 2013 with a purpose to provide options and solutions to automotive enthusiasts, derived from automotive conversations. Autologue Design is joint venture by Mukul Nanda, a Post Graduate from DYPDC, and Indian Cricketer Yuvraj Singh in 2013 with an objective to cater to the Indian Automotive Enthusiasts like themselves.
“Our aim is to bring Indian automotive designing at par with global standards. We are constantly updating ourselves with current trends in international designs. Thereby making sure that the modern Indian enthusiast gets what he or she aspires for and deserves. To make sure that our end products meet quality standards, most of the detailing & manufacturing processes are kept in-house to ensure that our products are truly top-notch.”