Veena Shetty – Kawasaki Versys 650March 5, 2021
Stiletto Shifter – Women’s Day Special
The Kawasaki Versys 650 Today is Veena Shetty’s choice of adventure tourer. today, she shares her experiences about her Kawasaki Versys 650. Like some of the featured motorcyclists on the Stiletto Shifter column, Veena was referred by Sneha Kulkarni .
I am an entrepreneur by profession, but the passion for two wheels is what gives me happiness and peace in life. Born in Kundapur, raised and settled in Namma Ooru- Bengaluru. Apart from riding which is my passion I promote yoga and fitness. I’m a Psychology major, an artist I paint, a trained Carnatic singer and a Bharathanatyam dancer hence teach orphan kids vocal music & dance. I do a little bit of photography too. In case you are wondering, I have gone through broken bones and tough rides across the country. And I love breaking stereotypes and not let society limit my reasons for happiness. From breaking out of the regular 9 to 6 grind to leading 200+ seasoned riders I have done it all. I am an adventurer and the very thought of a new adventure motivates me to ride more.
My association with riding began when
I was 16 years old when I first throttled my uncle’s Hero Honda CD-100, a four stroke engine and the itch never stopped.
My previous rides were
From an RX100 to owning a collection which includes the Royal Enfield classic 350, Bajaj Dominar 400, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, Kawasaki Versys 650 and a Himalayan I feel accomplished and ready for more.
My options were
I Rode a couple of bikes on wicked ride before I set my mind on the Versys
- Triumph Tiger 800
- Kawasaki Versys 650 were shortlisted
I chose my current bike because
No wonder the Triumph Tiger is an amazing off roader however:
- Versys650 was lighter on my pocket
- Lighter than the Tiger
- Better maintenance
- More of a road biased motorcycle
- A brilliant adventure tourer and that’s exactly what I was looking for
The number of kilometres clocked so far
Happily clocked 30000+ kilometers on my versys650 (Since I have 3 bikes currently)
My most memorable rides
Every ride on my motorcycles are unforgettable memories. India is a beautiful country to explore and my motorcycles are my best buddies:
- From Kanyakumari to Kashmir,
- The Leh-Ladakh circuit
- Rann of Kutch,
- My dream ride – Golden Quadrilateral
- Conquering the mighty Sach pass and Spiti Valley
- Bhutan the land of Dragons
- Spice Route Odyssey with the new set of people
- South run with my favourite Shimoga Boys
Typically, the list goes on.
Breakfast rides with my club Roaring Riderz and riding with BSF- the motorcycling gang with like minded petrol heads is something I always look upto. Any journey becomes memorable when you have the right set of people and the right planning with the right bike, isn’t it?
I would recommend/ Not recommend that girls/ ladies buy this bike because:
- Its everything that i’m looking for in an adventure tourer.
- Unless one can afford the pricing and manage with the seat height.
- But again if u can manage it is one brilliant machine.
- It took me a run of 10,000 kms to get comfortable with it.
- The more kilometers you clock the more u get to know the bike