Veena Shetty – Kawasaki Versys 650March 5, 2021
Stiletto Shifter – Women’s Day Special
The Kawasaki Versys 650 Today is Veena Shetty’s choice of adventure tourer. today, she shares her experiences about her Kawasaki Versys 650. Like some of the featured motorcyclists on the Stiletto Shifter column, Veena was referred by Sneha Kulkarni .
- Triumph Tiger 800
- Kawasaki Versys 650 were shortlisted
I chose my current bike because
No wonder the Triumph Tiger is an amazing off roader however:
- Versys650 was lighter on my pocket
- Lighter than the Tiger
- Better maintenance
- More of a road biased motorcycle
- A brilliant adventure tourer and that’s exactly what I was looking for
The number of kilometres clocked so far
Happily clocked 30000+ kilometers on my versys650 (Since I have 3 bikes currently)
My most memorable rides
Every ride on my motorcycles are unforgettable memories. India is a beautiful country to explore and my motorcycles are my best buddies:
- From Kanyakumari to Kashmir,
- The Leh-Ladakh circuit
- Rann of Kutch,
- My dream ride – Golden Quadrilateral
- Conquering the mighty Sach pass and Spiti Valley
- Bhutan the land of Dragons
- Spice Route Odyssey with the new set of people
- South run with my favourite Shimoga Boys
Typically, the list goes on.
Breakfast rides with my club Roaring Riderz and riding with BSF- the motorcycling gang with like minded petrol heads is something I always look upto. Any journey becomes memorable when you have the right set of people and the right planning with the right bike, isn’t it?
I would recommend/ Not recommend that girls/ ladies buy this bike because:
- Its everything that i’m looking for in an adventure tourer.
- Unless one can afford the pricing and manage with the seat height.
- But again if u can manage it is one brilliant machine.
- It took me a run of 10,000 kms to get comfortable with it.
- The more kilometers you clock the more u get to know the bike