Yamaha FZ-X 149cc Neo-Retro Motorcycle launched – A New Scrambler?June 18, 2021
Yamaha FZ-X 149cc Neo-Retro Motorcycle launched with the Concept of Ride Free
India Yamaha Motor (IYM) Pvt Ltd launches its first Neo-Retro motorcycle Yamaha FZ-X for the Indian market. This is a part of its electrifying brand campaign “The Call of the Blue”. The FZ-X has innovative features & offers a comfortable riding position for touring lovers.
The Yamaha FZ-X can be availed at a starting price of INR 116,800 (Ex-Showroom, Delhi).
The Yamaha FZ-X model showcases a Neo Retro design theme for a nostalgic experience. Also, It is engineered to be the ultimate riding partner across various riding conditions. The FZ-X is powered by an air-cooled, 4-stroke, 149 cc, SOHC engine.
The Yamaha FZ-X comes across as a handsome motorcycle with strong metal components visible on:
- the fuel tank
- side covers
- engine guard
- headlight stays
- the front fender
- fender stay
- the grab-bar for increased strength and durability.
The front forks are covered with stylish black color boots adding to the overall style.
The new Yamaha FZ-X 149cc Neo-Retro Motorcycle comes with:
- 2-valve Blue Core FI Engine.
- Generating 12.4PS of peak power at 7,250 rpm
- 13.3Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm.
- The exhaust note too is extensively tuned to produce a powerful sound.
The feature-loaded FZ-X is Bluetooth enabled. Also, it receives a Communication Control Unit. This is a 1st in India for Yamaha bikes. It is compatible with Yamaha’s dedicated Y-Connect app that helps users enjoy a fuller motorcycling lifestyle.
Through this, the rider can:
- Check smartphone notifications via the instrument cluster icons
- Look at maintenance recommendations
- Track the bike’s last parking location
- Track fuel consumption
- Receive malfunction notification
The Yamaha FZ-X 149cc Neo-Retro Motorcycle gets a unique feature –
The Revs Dashboard, which displays data such as :
- Engine rpm
- Degree of throttle opening
- Rate of acceleration
- An eco-friendly riding indicator
Yamaha FZ-X 149cc Neo-Retro Motorcycle – Other attractive and innovative features:
- Unique looking Bi-functional LED Headlight with Daytime LED Running Lamp (DRL)
- A newly designed negative LCD console with a Power Socket
- LED Taillight
- The FZ-X also comes equipped with Side Stand Engine Cut off Switch. A standard and mandatory feature for all Yamaha two wheelers in India.
- The new FZ-X gets a higher handlebar that is positioned closer to the rider. This is in sync with a relatively flat and plush feeling step-up seat and well-positioned foot pegs that offer improved ergonomics.
- It has a minimum ground clearance of 165 mm
- It weighs 139 kg (with oil and a full fuel tank).
- Side Stand with Engine Cut-off Switch,
- Lower Engine protector guard
- BOSCH single-channel ABS
- Block pattern dual-purpose 100/80-17 (Front) and 140/60-17 (Rear) tubeless tyres
Yamaha FZ-X 149cc Neo-Retro Motorcycle will be available in the market by end of June and it will come in three attractive colours:
Ex-showroom Delhi in INR
|FZ-X (Without Bluetooth)||1,16,800|
|FZ-X (With Bluetooth)||1,19,800|
About Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd
Yamaha Motor made its initial foray into India in 1985 as a joint-venture. In August 2001, it became a 100% subsidiary of Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd, (YMC), Japan. In 2008, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. entered into an agreement with YMC to become a joint-investor in India Yamaha Motor Private Limited (IYM). YMC has established its wholly-owned subsidiary – Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd. (YMIS) in India to independently support IYM in Sales & Marketing of its products.
Presently, YMIS supports IYM to market and sell its two-wheelers including Sports model such as YZF-R15S (149 cc);
Blue-Core Technology enabled models such as:
- FZ 25 (249 cc), Fazer 25 (249 cc), FZ-S FI (Fuel-Injected, 149 cc), FZ FI (Fuel-Injected, 149 cc), Fazer FI (Fuel-Injected, 149 cc),
- SZ-RR version 2.0 (149 cc),
- Saluto (125 cc), Saluto RX (110 cc),
- Cygnus Ray-ZR (113 cc), Cygnus Alpha (113 cc), Cygnus Ray Z (113 cc);
- Fascino (113 cc),
- latest superbike MT-09 (847 cc) and YZF-R1 (998 cc).