Yamaha MT15 V2 Review – Priyanna and Pegasus DauntlessJanuary 31, 2023
Yamaha MT15 V2 Review – Priyanna and Dauntless Pegasus
The Yamaha MT15 V2 is definitely taking the country by storm. Indeed in just four years since launch, the MT15 has a new form. Not just the cosmetics. It got a few more tidbits to get up to speed. No we aren’t saying so, the second iteration and the second review already! Yes, slayer or charmer this motorcycle is built to rev your heart, or not…
I am.. A brief introduction about yourself
Hi I am Priyanna Solomon, an Interior designer by profession, aspiring gamer but most importantly a passionate biker named Aphrodite.
My association with riding began when
Being one of those kids who was always called the tom-boy of the group, I always wished to own a bike and speed through crowds and let those boys know, “Why should boys have all the fun”. Jokes aside, being a tiny girl I was always told that I could never ride a bike or handle it at 60 kmph…..LOL I hit twice as much daily now. So to sum it up, my association with riding began like all the other things I do – being challenged or told that I can’t do it.
Initially, most of my friends whom I asked refused to teach me how to ride a motorcycle. However, unexpectedly one of my colleagues at my first workplace offered to teach me. And thus, within 2 days I was ready to gather the courage to let my parents know that I was ready for my “geared” 2 wheeler license.
My previous rides were.. two wheelers you owned before the Yamaha MT15 V2
I started with a Honda Hornet 160cc, which my dad helped me pick. Majorly the on-road cost and height of the bike impacted our choices back then. The hornet for a novice like me is a pretty decent investment. Also it is easy to maintain and ride.
and now I own a handsome black MT15 since May of 2022 named Pegasus. However, before picking this beauty I did my genuine research. The KTM Duke 250 stood at a close 2nd and R15 V3 at 3rd (just because of the posture).
I chose my current bike because …reasons you bought your current motorcycle
The reasons Yamaha MT15 V2 came home with me:
- To be honest the first thing was the look, the jet black bike is definitely a show stopper.
- For me, a person who travels 100-130 kms daily for work I needed a bike that is quick when I need it to be
- Also, an easy to handle motorcycle because of my height – I am 5’3″
- Additionally it shouldn’t overheat in traffic as well
- Not to forget quick acceleration backed by a smooth engine
- Lastly, seating posture and comfort of the bike – definitely a plus given the amount of travelling I do
If asked to compare the Honda Hornet and the Yamaha MT15 V2 I would start by saying that:
- The braking is more responsive & I haven’t faced a tyre lock scenario till date on the MT15.
- The bike although a beast has a compact pillion seat so while riding solo it suits my physique and does not look too bulky behind me.
- The bike is pretty powerful and let’s me pick up a good amount of speed in a short time span.
- Also the gear position indicator is a great plus point for me because of the constant open roads and heavy traffic I need to travel through and constantly remember at which gear I am at.
- Not to forget the Bluetooth connectivity feature although I am yet to use it but it definitely is a unique feature Yamaha added to this already amazing bike.
The number of kilometres clocked so far.. total kilometres done on odometer
Since May 2022 I have completed 11,605 kms on this bad boy and he did not disappointment me even once.
My most memorable rides on the Yamaha MT15 V2.
Since I got my Yamaha MT15 V2 we have travelled to Goa and back to Pune. Incidentally, it was my very first long ride and it seemed effortless and so comfortable. We have also participated the Pune off-road expedition with stock tires. Yet again, I was impressed with how the bike and I handled the expedition. Other than, that we have had multiple mini rides to Lonavala.And of course how can we forget my daily 130 km work related commute.
I would most definitely recommend my fellow biker ladies to buy the Yamaha MT15 V2 because:
- The comfort,
- the smooth rides and
- That eargasmic ignition start sound
Add all of this to a budget price tag.
The Yamaha MT 15 V2 – Specifications
- Engine type – Liquid cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- Displacement – 155cc
- Bore & Stroke – 58.0 mm x 58.7 mm
- Compression ratio – 11.6 : 1
- Maximum Horse Power – 13.5kW(18.4PS)/10000r/min
- Maximum torque – 14.1N.m(1.4kgf.m)/7500r/min
- Clutch Type – Wet, Multiple Disc
- Fuel system – Fuel Injection
- Transmission type – Constant mesh, 6-speed
- Starting system type – Electric starter
- Overall length – 2015mm
- Overall width – 800mm
- Overall height – 1,070mm
- Minimum ground clearance – 170mm
- Kerb weight (with oil and a full fuel tank) – 139kg
- Seat height – 810mm
- Wheelbase – 1,325mm
- Inner tube diameter of front fork – 37.0mm
- Fuel tank capacity – 10L
- Frame type – Deltabox
- Brake type (Front) Disc Brake (282mm)
- Brake type (Rear) Disc Brake (220mm)
- Suspension type (front/rear) Telescopic upside down Front Fork / Linked-type Monocross suspension
- Tyre size (Front) 100/80-17M/C 52P – Tubeless
- Tyre size (Rear) 140/70R-17M/C 66H – Radial Tubeless
- ABS – Single Channel ABS
METALLIC BLACK – As per VAHAN Portal : Black Metallic X
Ex-Showroom Price in Maharashtra – ₹ 1,65,139*
To know more about the Yamaha MT15 V2 click on the link below: